Terms and Conditions
By enrolling in National Capital Bank’s Online Payments Processing Service ("Lockbox Online"), you agree to the following terms and conditions. Online Payments Processing allows you to view and download reports and files that were received through NCB’s Online Payments Processing Service. Please read these terms and conditions carefully and print them for your records. We have the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by notice mailed or e-mailed to you at the last address or e-mail address shown for your Account on our record, by posting them on the Lockbox Web Site, or as otherwise permitted by law.
1. Definitions. "We", "us", and "our" mean The National Capital Bank of Washington and its successors and assignees. "You" and "your" mean the Company ID or persons in whose name an Online Payments Processing ID has been established. "Account" means your Online Payments Processing Login ID with us. The "Services" means the services available to you on the Web Site. The "Web Site" means lockbox.nationalcapitalbank.com/Iview3 or such other web site as designated by us from time to time. Except as expressly stated here, these terms and conditions supplement and are subject to the terms and conditions of your Lockbox Payments Processing and Control Agreement.
2. Software. You must use Internet browser software which supports 128-bit encryption, such as Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) or Firefox® 3.0 (or higher) to gain access to the Web Site. No additional software is required for access. Information is not stored on your PC unless you specifically download it to your PC.
3. User Name and Password. You will need a user name ("User Name") and a password ("Password") and a personal identification number (“PIN”) to access Payments Processing Online. You can change your Password and PIN on the Web Site at any time after your initial login. The initial User Name, Password and PIN are provided to the customer by the Bank via email. Passwords and PINs are automatically generated and sent via email when a new User is added.
A valid User Name, Password and PIN are required to access the website. However, a User can request a new password and PIN by choosing “Forgot Password or PIN” at the Log In page. The application will authenticate the User based upon a valid User Name and a correct answer to the User’s Security Question; this authentication does not allow access to the Web Site application functions but does send a new Password and PIN via email.
To reset a Password and PIN from the Log In page, click on “Forgot Password or PIN”. Enter User Name and click “Retrieve Security Question”. Enter Security Answer and Click OK. In the event you do not remember your User Name please call National Capital Bank’s Payments Processing Department at
202-546-8000, ext. 6126.
Because your User Name, Password and PIN can be used to access information about your Account, you should treat your User Name, Password and PIN with the same degree of care and secrecy that you use to protect other sensitive financial data. You agree not to give your User Name, Password or PIN or make them available, to any other person, including any authorized user. You agree to NOTIFY US AT ONCE OF ANY BREACH OF SECURITY INVOLVING YOUR USER NAME, PASSWORD OR PIN, SUCH AS THE ACTUAL OR SUSPECTED MISUSE, LOSS, MISPLACEMENT, OR UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF YOUR USER NAME, PASSWORD or PIN by contacting the Payments Processing Department at 202-546-8000, ext. 6126 or by writing to us on a separate sheet at 316 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C. 20003. In your letter please provide your USER NAME. We will consider any information and/or instructions accompanied by your USER NAME to have been made by you.
4. Activity. You may use Payments Processing Online to check the activity that was processed on your behalf. Generally, account information is updated once each day. The information may differ from your records because it may not include transactions or payments in process, or other items because a daily update did not take place as scheduled. All of your transactions and appropriate disclosures will continue to appear on your monthly National Capital Bank checking account statement.
5. Fees. The fee for this service is disclosed on the Lockbox Fees Schedule B. We reserve the right to change the fee for this service after 60 days advance notice. All other fees applicable to your deposit account remain in effect.
6. Equipment. We are not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury resulting from (a) an interruption in your electrical power or telephone service; (b) disconnection of your telephone or cable service by your local telephone or cable company or from deficiencies in your line quality; or (c) any defect or malfunction of your PC, modem, or telephone or cable service. We are also not responsible for any products or services relating to your PC.
7. Hours of Operation. Payments Processing Online is available 7 days a a week, 24 hours a day, except during maintenance periods or periods during which Payments Processing Online otherwise is not operable. We are not responsible for your inability to access Payments Processing Online for any reason.
8. Termination. The National Capital Bank reserves the right to terminate your Payments Processing Service for cause without prior notice. Since your deposit account is part of your Lockbox Payments Processing and Control Agreement, the sixty 60) days notice of discontinuance of service by you is required by calling The National Capital Bank’s Payments Processing Department at 202-546-8000, ext. 6126, or by writing to The National Capital Bank of Washington, Attn: Payments Processing Dept., 316 Pa. Ave. S.E. Washington, D.C. 20003. We may require that your request be in writing. Your access to Payments Processing Website will be terminated automatically if your deposit account is closed or access to your account is restricted for any reason.
9. Limitation of Liability. Except as otherwise provided herein or by law, neither we, nor any party involved in creating or delivering the Web Site are responsible for any loss, injury, or damage, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential, caused by Payments Processing Online or the Web Site or your use of Payments Processing Online or the Web Site. We assume no responsibility for and will not be liable for any damages to or any viruses which may affect your computer equipment, software, modem, telephone, cable or other property on account of your access to, use of or downloading from the Web Site, including, without limitation, any damage resulting from a virus or similar occurrence.
Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Firefox and Firefox Logos are trademarks of Mozilla Foundation.